Questions asked during the #agchat Twitter discussion August 4, 2009, 8pm-10pm ET.
Q1: What is the public’s expectation of water conservation on the farm
Q2: What states have critical water issues that impact ag and why (via @TruffleMedia)
Q3: How are various water conservation practices affecting commodity/food prices (via @WillRogersToday)
Q4: Beyond food price what are other long term implications as water becomes more scarce, expensive (via @WillRogersToday)
Q5: What are stats, implications on water use requirements for various types of ag (crop vs dairy vs meat etc) (via @TruffleMedia)
Q6: What role can/should social media play in water conservation
Learn more with the #agchat water issues summary dialog at http://bit.ly/l87OP and via all the posts at http://bit.ly/17doAJ .
- Pioneer Press Live 07/28/2009, video, about Nestle commercial user of water in McCloud, CA community, the issues and concerns. More info at McCloud Watershed Council.
- Great chart via @jacobedenfield "Transparency: How Much Water Do You Use" from Good magazine http://bit.ly/Oh5IX
- interesting water rights blog from conversations http://bit.ly/aYxL2
- More ref info "Watching water, A guide to evaluating corporate risks in a thirsty world" http://bit.ly/42G12t via @natejtaylor
- “Army Corps says Lanier ruling should not affect nearby lakes”, The Augusta Chronicle, Aug 3, 2009 http://bit.ly/l1mCg
- “Water shortage threatens agriculture, way of life in Valley”, Southwest Farm Press, Aug 15, 2002, http://bit.ly/16i61j
- USDA Water Quality Information Center, http://bit.ly/E2Yl7